Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Previs Box Has Been Ticked!!

So the previs was due in on Friday and although it was a tough deadline to hit, we managed to put together a quite a good reel of footage for how stuff might go down in the game. As you readers have probably worked out from looking at the concept art, our art team is good!! I have no doubt that they can't produce a really shiny looking game.

The programmers have been stuck into the Technical Design Document. I spent the duration of the week compiling and documenting information about the most important parts of the Gamebryo Engine as well as knocking out Use Case Diagrams and Narratives for the key differences between the Day and Night phases of play. I also drafted out some UML for our games Event System which is looking pretty cool, it uses function pointers to avoid having to iterate over a large switch statement in some handle event function somewhere that some class has inherited. We should be able to combine it nicely with Gamebryo's one. Finally I knocked out some UML for the game's weapon system.

As for the project management side of life. All the other programmers are busy working on Diagrams in some form or another. UML has been started on the AI's planning System as well as how our 'DREADED NETWORKED PHYSICS' is going to work.

I am doing my best to make sure that all documentation and is up to scratch and all UML diagrams are fully fleshed out. I am also really enjoying critiqueing the Artists concept work. It all looks so fantastic, one can't help being a little jealous that they can't draw.

I think i'll just stick to my diagrams. I happen to think a few of those look fairly "bad ass".

It has also come to my attention that some of the readers of this blog have been requesting that we post certain things which aren't being posted. I have told the art team to post more pictures and videos so expect to see more of those.

If anyone has any requests feel free to email those to me at write.wil@gmail.com and I will happily pass those on. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment