Friday, February 20, 2009

Michael -Friday 20th February

"Captains Log 20/2/09"

This week I started modelling the Reaper Model for the first pass. I modelled, sculpted, UV Unwrap and texture the model as well as creating a spec and a normal map for the character. This part of production is scheduled to be completed next month but since I completed my previous tasks I decided to move on ahead. Also one of the more important things to happen to the art team was the loss of one of the other artists for a couple weeks. I was tasked with creating a placeholder for the Grunt character using the artwork created by Kei and had to get it done so that our animator could get to rigging up the last of the enemies. The last thing I did was draw up a new concept art piece for the Mother with the newly designed monster arm which it will use to pull itself along the ground.

Now to get things started with the pretty pictures and what not. First up are some screenshots of the Reaper model along with its texture map.
This image shows the Grunt placeholder. The original design was created by Kei and I stepped in since she was going to be absent for a couple weeks.
These last few images show the Mother with the newly designed monster arm to replace the tentacles. As well as making things easier to animate it also in my opinion will make it look even more creepier. There is also a closer picture of the parasitic monster arm below the full body design.
Well thats all from me this week. Next week I intend to start creating the Exploder and Mother models for their first pass. So until then... Take care in the sun or in Aucklands case at the moment... take care in all the rain.... it can get rather slippery XP
-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment