Monday, March 23, 2009

Tame - Last Weeks Entry

The other week I received ENDORPHIN!!! And for a few days I had a "tutu" on it to see if I could at least get one of "our" characters into the software and export the animation into Maya then Gamebryo.

The first task was very confusing because the skeleton had joint orients on them, which Endorphin does NOT like so after this I found out that another Rig needed to be created exactly the same as the current one but with the joint orients being frozen in the world space. After this was tested the rigs worked in Endorphin,which I felt was a major boost that later on helped with the making of the NEW rig.

With the task of importing our rigs into endorphin, I created some animations with it and exported it into maya.

Heres the link to the animation in Maya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBqX3gUmctE

One major problem I found in Endorphin was we could not use the pre-done animations on our rig. Although the behaviours are very helpful and are very cool, the animations just wouldn't work. I found out that our own animations could be used if exported as FBX files, but the Endorphin ones were dominantly more realistic with what looks like Motion Captured animation.

Oh well!!

BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment