Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Its been a while...

Wow, it has been a while since my last post..it's been a busy few weeks. The team had their first "Walk-and-Talk" milestone last week which was really interesting. Although the gameplay elements were still a little lacking, the game shows a lot of potential. When you have team members trying to compete in a game of car stacking, finding fun in something that seems really mundane, it can have a positive affect on team morale. This raised some interesting questions too...how can we use this to our advantage? What kind of cool gameplay can we derive from it? These will probably be things that will be addressed over the next few weeks. The easiest solution, and something that is definitely proven to be successful with Microsoft's XBox360 is an achievement system. This could only add more fun to the game.

In terms of what I've been working on, AI is what I've been putting most of my energy into these past few weeks with Jono. The agents are still quite "simple-minded" at the moment, they will follow the player if the player starts shooting at them and that is pretty much all. The planning works really well though. The next step, and what I've been working on, is trying to get some scripting working. This has been quite a task but is almost at a stage where I can get other team members to define some actions and goals for particular agents.

That is eveything I think. Stay tuned for more updates. I'll try my best to be more consistent with posts, later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment