Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Milestone Done and Dusted!!

So our first milestone was due in on friday. We had a few hiccups along the way but in the end, I feel that we came away with a result.

We have an environment with physics, a little bit of AI, some networking, and a lot more gameplay than I expected. It is surprisingly fun, stacking up stuff and building up what might be some sort of fortification.

Being the project manager, I have spent majority of my time in the last two weeks working on little bits and pieces. I managed to get a resource cache up and running as well as some functionality for proximity mines using triggers in PhysX. The explosions still need to be tweaked a bit since PhysX's force fields are not playing nice but its nothing me and the team wont be able to handle as we are all very talented individuals.

So its another 4 weeks of coding, then a 1 week feature freeze until Alpha is due. Its looking good so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment