Friday, March 6, 2009

Michael -Friday 6th March

"Captains Log 6/3/09"

After finishing off the texture for the Exploder I finally started the mission of creating the Mother for the first pass. I pretty much started from scratch for this model and it was hard work since most of the creature couldnt be mirrored over since the entire creature is for the most part assymetrical. I am now currently in the process of sculpting the lower level details on the model its its progressing along well. We also had a few guest lectures this week which gave us a great insight on the current state of the industry as well as a really great talk from an artistic standpoint.

So now onto the artistic side of the blog post... The images. This week is all about the Mother alien. It shows a picture of the base Maya model that was imported into Zbrush and then some of the recent sculpts of the Mother. After the sculpting is done for the model I will be caging it again in Maya since it will undoubtedly be required to get better normal maps when I start baking them out.

Thats all from me this week. Until next time..
-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment