Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A HighPolyMonster Production, :)

Well, today was definitely very interesting. We got the chance to present what we are working on to some of the school. I was really surprised by the turnout and it kind of blew me away that alot of people seem quite interested to see what we have. I was even more surprised to see the animation classes there as well, especially after all the grief we have been giving them during this production. Thanks to everyone for turning up.

Having said that, there are still some things that I need to work on for the next presentation. First is volume. I thought I was loud enough, apparently not. I'll be reaching for a microphone the next time we give a presentation which will probably be sooner than later. Also, I want to make the next presentation more interactive, which is what it should have been today. The point for the presentation was to get people interested in the game, and also to get some playtesters to help us track down annoying bugs. I think we did manage to get some people interested in the game, we even got three playtesters in who helped us track down some bugs which Roy managed to fix today which was really cool. Hopefully we can get more this week.

At the moment, the team has entered crunch mode. The main focus is stability, gameplay and bug fixing. Luckily alot of the gameplay code is exposed to Lua so some of the suggestions for game improvement made by testers can be "tweaked" easily enough. Hopefully things will pull together nicely for our hand-in next week. Pray for us, later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment