Friday, December 19, 2008

Last week for the year

Hello E!

This week a lot of work into the draft of the games design document. I was placed on the control section and later the combat section.

I had to review a lot of FPS games to see which kinda of controls they used both in game and in the menus. It was interesting to note that most FPS games especially allowed for both the mouse and the keyboard for navigating menus beacuase some players feel the arrows are faster. I adopted a similar menu control system for our game. The in-game controls a most similar to Tom Clancys Rainbow 6 Vegas.

For the Combat section I came up will a weapons balance table, that balances weapons with different ranges, and ammo types for the best variety. I came up with weapon names and made sure to Google them to check for any matches,, and followed up with weapon descriptions to give everyone a better idea of how the weapons functioned and what they would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment