Friday, April 17, 2009

Michael Bastiaens -Friday 17th April

"Captains Log 17/4/09"

Its another week done and another week closer to our alpha milestone. As with the approach of most deadlines people tend to start working longer and harder around the class and more and more of the game is starting to take shape. This week I started by finishing off the sniper rifle for First person and have completed the first person cage for the machine gun and was about to start creating the normal maps for the object but I was then informed that I was going to take over finishing off the Grunt. Although it was not totally unexpected that I would be working on it, it did mean I had to take a pause from working on the weapons but heck getting to work on the grunt and getting back to Zbrush and Photoshop is a welcome change. So without further delay... here are the latest images of this weeks work.
First up is the First Person Sniper Rifle with the normal map applied to it.
This next image shows the wireframe on top of the Machine Gun weapon for the first person camera angle. All that was left for this to be completed was the process of transfering maps from the high res model on this current model.

These last few pictures show the screenshots of the current Grunt Sculpt in Zbrush. At the moment I am now dropping base colours onto the model so I can then work on them easier inside of photoshop. I did make one mistake in this process in which I forgot to unwrap the low poly model before importing it into Zbrush which is that much of a problem it just means I need to take the extra step of importing the high res models into Maya and then transfering maps or mixing it up with a little X-Normal depending on the results of the normal maps.

Well thats all from me for this week. Next week ill be continuing to work on the Grunt and should be getting out a colour map all sorted out by next week and depending on how much Maya will crash on me I might get out a normal mapped version of the Grunt as well. So until next time....

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment